Here are the answers to some questions that clients frequently ask about Real Estate. These FAQs are provided for general information only and are not intended to be relied upon as legal advice. For a consultation, please contact us.
- review and negotiate the agreement of sale.
- carefully review the property records, including previous deeds, easements, mortgages, and other liens.
- certify that good title passes to the buyer.
- ensure that the seller has the legal right to sell the property.
- advise the parties regarding how the deed should be worded, and draft the deed.
- obtaining a title insurance policy where required.
- conduct closing and ensure the appropriate apportionment of settlement costs.